The shoes have a number of great features that makes them ideal to be used indoors:
- They are lightweight and don’t have cleats.
- The sole is made of rubber and it’s also padded on the inside in order to provide proper arch support.
While the sole is made from rubber, the rest of the shoe is made of leather. The good side with leather is that it allows movement; therefore, you can easily move your foot when playing. Leather is also durable thus you are assured that your boot will last for a long time.
Most indoor soccer shoes have the same upper and midsole; however, the outsole tends to differ. When buying them you should be cautious of the condition of the outsole.
There are two types of indoor soccer shoes: turf and plain shoes. Turf shoes are characterized by patterns that are built into the soles in order to prevent you from slipping. They are ideal when you are playing on an artificial turf.
Plain indoor soccer shoes on the other hand are characterized by a hard, flat rubber sole that is designed to support your feet on the gym floor. The good side with them is that they not only stabilize you, but also ensure that you are flexible.
Many people are usually confused on whether they should buy plain or turf shoes. The good side with plain shoes is that they provide you with a closer touch of the ball.
Turfs on the other hand provide you with better traction and work on all playing surfaces except grass.
Benefits of indoor soccer shoes
They have a number of great benefits:
- They are comfortable and spacious; therefore, you will enjoy playing your favorite game.
- As mentioned, they are made from leather; therefore, they will last for a long time.
- Since they give you a closer touch of the ball, they provide you with incredible ball control.
Although, the shoes are great to have, their main flaw is that they can only be used indoors; therefore, if you need to play outdoors you need to buy another pair.